Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why to Blog?

Well, for starters it was important to find an outlet for the myriad things rattling around inside my head. What's more, with Blogging, I can simply say it once and have several people see it at the same time.

So where, to start. Let's talk about the name of this site. Picking a name for anything can be a challenge--especially when it's for a reasonable amount of posterity. To that end, I decided to commemorate something who could use a little posterity--namely the band I was in at Simpson College in the late '90s. By far the most fun I ever had and the most rewarding creative experience of my life.

Grindcore boy, this one's for you.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. In Flux WAS a good band, at least some of the time. And it was a good time all of the time. I think we're less underground now with all this sudden publicity though. I just felt my street cred go back to South Dakota levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that an INFLUX car sticker traveled thousands of miles, into a foreign country, and dozens of states with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jered,

    That is amazing. Thanks for that. By the way, I still tell people how you did "Tommy Boy" better than Farley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig! Ross and I were just reliving the old days and he told me about your blog! I remember those days with a lot of fondness too! For the record my brother still has an Influx sticker on his vehicle! The dream is still alive boys!!

    ReplyDelete